2024 Tulsa Gun Show ROCS Displays

Anything Ruger related.
RoninPA

2024 Tulsa Gun Show ROCS Displays

Post by RoninPA »

It might seem to be early to start this post but it is NOT because people tend to procrastinate.

I am the head judge for the 2024 Tulsa-ROCS displays. Bill Hamm is the POC for the display write ups and I try to help him also.

When you decide what you are going to display, Bill will need you to send him (or me):

1. Your Display Title
2. Your displayer class (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Masters)
3. A write up of your display so Bill can get them ready for the ROCS Digest printer. It can be very detailed or very short, it depends on what you want to see in the Digest with the picture(s) of you and your display.

As the head judge, if you want your display to be judged for any awards, I will need you to send me:

1. Your Name
2. Your Display Title
3. A very short description of your display

With this I can get all the judging sheets ready for the show.

Also, If you are going to submit a gun for the Pre 1973 and Post 1973 NRA Silver Medals, I will need, for my judging sheets:

1. Your name
2. Pre or Post 1973 date of manufacture
3. Nomenclature and Model number (if any)
4. S/N
4. A short description/Distinguishing characteristics of the firearm/item

Lastly, but VERY IMPORTANT, I would like to get AT LEAST 3 volunteers to be Judges. It is not a hard job to do and I have handouts that explain the judging criteria. Judges do not judge their own displays/guns, that is for me to do so that we make this as fair as possible. Judges should be Master Class individuals but we can use Advanced class people also (if need be). PLEASE, it's not a hard job, and as you're judging you might even learn something new or something you never heard of before. Please be a volunteer - it is only for this show, I ask for volunteers at each show.

If you have questions you can contact me here on the forum or email me at: rlutz730(at)comcast(dot)net

Thanks for reading this probably long boring post but it really is important that people know what we need to make ROCS shows and ROCS itself successful in the long run.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
twriggen

Re: 2024 Tulsa Gun Show ROCS Displays

Post by twriggen »

As long as I make it, I'll be more than happy to be a judge again. Taryn and I will be flying in so no display this year for me.
Troy

Possessions have a way of possessing their possessors. - Daniel L. Dustin
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Thank you very much Troy, consider yourself one of my Judges. It'll be good to meet up with you and Taryn again.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ron,
I will be happy to help with the judging (If needed). I believe 1ts 1971 and before and 1972 and after for the Silver Medal, but I would have to look in the rules to be sure.

Vince
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Its 1973 and before for Old Model Pre 73 Silver Medal and 1973 and after for New Model Post 73 Silver Medal. Both old and new models were made 1973.
Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Thank you Vince for the judging offer. You'll be my "on deck" judge if I can't get two more people.

Step up to the plate guys, judging is not hard and it's not a personality thing, you're judging the guns not the owners.

Been watching the Little League World Series (both baseball and girls softball) last week and this week, thus the baseball jargon. It is really fun to watch these young kids playing a game they love and showing the world their capabilities (the girls playing softball are astounding)
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

We will have our Awards Banquet and auction Saturday night at the headquarters hotel, Embassy suites on 79th St. Please buy your banquet tickets as soon as possible, it helps us plan the number of dinners needed with the caterer.
Send $40 for each meal.

Pay via PayPal to email address rocs@att.net

Or mail a check to:
ROCS
PO Box 1026
Killen, AL 35645-1026

I hope you all can make this biggest gun show in the world and see some great Ruger displays.
FT44
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Displayers: YES, it is only September but, PLEASE, PLEASE, once you've decided on your display and if you are going to enter a firearm in the ROCS/NRA Silver Medal competition send a write up of your display to Bill and send me your name, what class you are in (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Masters), and a short blurb about your display and the gun you are entering into the Silver Medal judging so I can get all the scoring sheets ready. You can send me a message here with the info or email me at rlutz730 (at) comcast (dot) net

I thank you in advance for your cooperation, it makes it a lot easier to have everything ready for the judges as early on Saturday as possible.

Also, consider volunteering to be a Judge, it's not hard, and really doesn't take that much time. I have sheets with all the judging criteria printed as a handy reference if needed.

Ron
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron